The Director will work closely with the Governance Committee, staff and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
QUALIFICATIONS: At a minimum, applicants must possess the following attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree or related experience
- At least 5 years experience in professional fundraising, particularly major gift acquisition, grant writing and public relations.
- Working knowledge of basic financial statements and cash flow documents
- Strong writing and computer skills
- An engaging appearance and professional conduct
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Consistent “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Embrace the mission of ArtStart
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an overall fundraising strategic plan based on the budget provided by the Board of Directors
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors
- Initiate major donor visits and fundraising calls
- Monitor and maintain the Planned Giving Program
- Identify and apply for available grants and administer those awarded
- Work with the Program and Operations Director to develop and initiate creative direct mail strategies and content
- Work with Program and Operations Director to develop and support major fundraising projects and events
- Work with the Program and Operations Director to acquire sponsorships for programs and events
- Work with Governance Committee to prepare strategic plans, annual budgets, financial statements reports and worksheets, as required
- Serve on the Governance Committee as Staff Liaison
- Establish, organize, update and access ArtStart contributor data
- Ensure monetary contributions are recorded and deposited in a timely manner
- Ensure that proper thank-you documents are prepared, signed and mailed in a timely manner
- Monitor cash flow to ensure adequate short-term and long-term funds availability
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local businesses, community organizations, foundations and non-profit
- Perform other related duties as requested.
This is a 30-hour per week position. Starting salary is $30,000 per year. Benefits include generous pait time off (PTO). A Simple IRA with company match will be offered after one year of employment.
E-mail an introductory letter and resume to: Sue Bessert, President
All applications must be received by January 18, 2019